Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Catch up

Life is flying by so fast I can hardly believe it. The month of December is a big one in our family. I just celebrated my 29th birthday! The last year of my twenties....scary! The next event is our 5 year anniversary on the 16th. That is another milestone I cannot believe has already arrived. Since my last post we have survived our first international traveling with Charlotte including a bout with diarrhea and vomiting,  celebrated Thanksgiving with 41 people for dinner including 9 kids under the age of 9, Charlotte met (and cried with) Santa and we successfully picked out and decorated Charlotte's first Christmas tree! Whew...busy!
Cancun
First I want to say how grateful we were to be able to spend a whole week together with each other as well as Kevin's mother, step-father and brother. However, we absolutely misjudged how tiring traveling with kids was going to be. But with all things there is a silver lining....
Bad:
Charlotte woke up between 3am-5am everyday
She got diarrhea about day 4
She had some sort of stomach bug one night and threw up all night

Amazingly Good
Because Charlotte got up so early....I got to see baby sea turtles migrating from their nests to the ocean!!! One of the top 10 experiences of my life...thank you Charlotte and Kevin for being on their daily beach walk:)
Got to read everyday listening to the ocean and soaking up the rays without feeling like I should be cleaning or paying bills or something else on my never ending "to do" list
Charlotte started clapping ...so cute
Got a tan in the beginning of winter which is always good!

Thanksgiving 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It has always been a holiday that a lot of my family gathered for and this year was no exception. We had a marathon of three days everything family. We celebrated my Aunt's and cousin's birthday's on Wed, had an amazing dinner with 41 (the most I can remember) people on Thursday and enjoyed a visit to the zoo with lots of family on Friday. Being surrounded by so many of my family members that I love and it being Charlottes first Thanksgiving made this one so very special. 

Milestone Update
Perfecting her walking
Starting to "run" or just walking very fast when she knows she is doing something wrong and trying to get away from us!
Clapping
Talking more
Pointing to get her wants acknowledged 
Discovered her tongue 


Loath of the week
RAIN!!!!! It has been raining almost everyday since FOREVER!!! The only day I actually wanted it to rain was Saturday so my family and I could go to the zoo lights and scare everyone else away. However that is the one day Mother Nature did not bless us with rain therefore we did NOT get to attend the zoo lights that night:( Hoping to reschedule that outing. 

Love of the week
I had a great 29th birthday weekend. I got to spend lots of quality time with Kevin and Charlotte. Had an amazing meal and fun times with my parents and brothers and had a great night out with my favorite 6 people at Lindy's! Feel so lucky to be able to spend time with those I love the most on my birthday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment