Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update

   Well it has been a while since I posted so I will update...today we took Charlotte to Riverside and did a "weigh in" and she is 12lb12oz:) Everyday she becomes more and more a little person with a huge personality. Smiles and coos and conversations happen daily which we can not get enough of! Today we took a trip to CVS to have Charlotte's passport photos taken!! Crazy that a 2 1/2 month old is going to apply for a passport tomorrow:) We will be traveling to Cancun, Mexico with Kevin's family in November so we thought we would get a jump on the passport process in case there were any bumps in the road. What a lucky girl to need a passport at such a young age:) We are blessed in so many ways. It is currently the Lenten season for the Catholic church. At the Phelan house we have given up soda pop, junk food and unhealthy snacking. I am missing my Diet Coke that is for sure! I am so looking forward to Easter Sunday for some Diet Coke from McDonald's (the best fountain soda for sure!) I am also looking forward to this time because Kevin will be welcomed into the Catholic church and Charlotte will receive the sacrament of baptism. What a long journey and a great new beginning for our family!

   One of my favorite times of the year (sports related) starts tomorrow! I am a big college basketball fan and March madness is here! My worst nightmare will probably happen this year. Ohio State will face Kentucky! My two teams will play and one has to lose and one has to move on....sigh:( If it happens I will cheer for both and hope the team that plays the better game wins. Looks like my not watching TV during the day rule will be "forgotten" Thursday and Friday:) Go Bucks and Wildcats!!!!

I decided I will start a running list of new things I have discovered from being a mother...both good and bad

1. I have discovered the joys of podcasts! If you know me, you know I love TV. I defiantly watched way too much TV before having Charlotte and have really tried to have the TV off during the day. I am happy to say that I have probably decreased the amount of TV I watch 
by at least half! I have discovered (thanks to my fabulous husband) free podcasts on Itunes. There are endless thing you can listen to...anything from people talking about sports, motherhood, parenthood, history and the list goes on. I have really enjoyed this new way to be productive and not watch so much TV. 

2.  Two huge pet peeves of motherhood.....1)strangers or acquittance's looking at your baby, learning her age and then proclaiming "she's huge!" ...really people think before you speak! 2)why do the manufacturers of baby items make everything with a timer? I will explain. Charlotte has a play mat that has music and lights that play...but shut off after 5 minutes She has a bouncer that has a vibration and music option...that turns off after 5 minutes. Her mobile will play music and twirl around...that turns off after 15 minutes. Her sleep sheep plays music for 45 minutes!!! It drives me crazy! I had to go to Brookstone and pay $70 for a sound machine with a continuous option! Thank you Brookstone for having some common sense! This mom is very thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment