Monday, January 17, 2011

Balance

I believe this might be the hardest thing to achieve as a new parent. The balance between what you think you are supposed to be doing and what you actually do. I know I drive myself crazy by thinking of all the things I "should" be doing and not just being happy with what I do achieve. Today I find joy in the little things. We took Charlotte to the weigh station today and ...drum roll.............she is up to 8 lbs 10 oz! On the drive there Kevin and I were guessing what it would be and of course he was right on. I guessed 8.4 and he guessed 8.8! I am just so happy all the hard work of getting the hang of breastfeeding is paying off. She is a growing happy baby! I read on a mother's blog pertaining to breastfeeding a very interesting comment. Someone had posted the question, "is it okay to not love breastfeeding all the time?". This woman's answer really hit home with me. She said of course it's okay and she further pointed out that we do things all the time we do not enjoy because they are the right thing to do. I am not saying that breastfeeding is right for everyone but I myself am so glad it is something my daughter and I can bond over and know I am giving her a gift each time she eats...even if that is every 2-3 hours during the day!! Hahaha!  



No comments:

Post a Comment