Well we survived! There was a moment during the trip that I thought maybe we would not...but my wonderful husband and mother got me and Charlotte thru! It is true that it is probably easiest to travel when your children are infants however, I would like to point out that it is by no means easy. It is just easier then when they are toddlers! Overall, it was a positive experience, one I would do again if I was given the chance. The wedding was beautiful and Charlotte attended her first reception and did remarkably well. We got to see a lot of our friends all together which only happens now a couple times a year. If anyone is hosting a wedding in Cincinnati I would totally recommend the Garfield Suites Hotel. It is located in the heart of the city and the rooms are great. We had a suite with a kitchen, main room with couch and nice TV, little eating area, decent bathroom and 2 bedrooms. It was perfect! After the wedding we made the 4 hour drive to Madisonville, KY to visit with the Robinson side of my family. I had not been there in quite a while so the adjustment of seeing someone you love in declining health was a lot for me to absorb. I would not change the experience because Charlotte got to meet her Great Grandparents and Great Aunt/Uncle but it was challenging to say the least. Whenever I return home from a trip to Madisonville I am reminded how lucky I am to have the family I have and the relationship with that family.
"The love of a family is life's greatest blessings"...this quote says it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment